Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Calculus wins....

<-- A look at the coaches box behind the range here in Nove Mesto. Not nearly as full as it will be when all the teams arrive!














Sorry I haven't been posting for the last few days. When it comes down to calculus vs. blog post calc wins. I'm not THAT good of a biathlete, I need to get through college. Since I'm done calc for the moment here's an update!

Sunday: I raced for the first time on Sunday in the second Czech cup race of the weekend. It was a good warm up race, I noticed a few things that needed work, and now I can make sure I'm tuned up for the upcoming races. The rest of sunday was off, and we all had a nice rest.

Monday: Monday was a long rest day. We had no workouts, and in the morning we got to go into town and wander through some shops. By wander through some shops I mean go OMGSHOE-ing.
(OMGSHOE: Verb. To walk around shoe stores going "OMG SHOES!")
I think it was a well spent morning and I found a pair of sneakers for roughly $10 american. We also stopped by an amazing bakery for some pastries, before we headed back to the house. At the house we had a really tasty lunch. We had a traditional Czech meal, which was garlic soup, followed by pork with sauerkraut, bread dumplings, and potato dumplings. In the afternoon we sat around doing...nothing. Absolutely nothing (except calculus...and a short run). It was awesome, I love lazy days.

I'll try to update later about whats happening today, but so far its looking like a fairly uneventful day here. Just some typical training!

1 comment:

  1. yayyy math! i kind of am looking forward to helping you catch up when you get back. i sincerely hope you've fallen behind. ha just kidding. a little. i love my major...what can i say?

    good luck! and not just with math. with that whole racing thing too!

    ReplyDelete