Monday, January 31, 2011

Finally Updating...

Ok, finally giving you an update!
We've had an exhausting few days here in Czech. Saturday was the first race of the Youth world championships here in Nove Mesto. I had a mediocre race. I have very mixed feelings on the results of the race. I was happy with my skiing. I definitely am skiing faster than last year, and I even managed to pass some people. I was able to hold off a Polish skier trying to catch me for the whole race.
On the other hand my shooting was sub-par for me. I had 3 penalties on the day, with some minor troubles in the range. I ejected a live round on the standing stage, which definitely took up some valuable time.
I ended up in 62nd, just 23 seconds out of the pursuit. Definitely made my disappointing shooting, even more disappointing.
I spectated on pursuit day, and cheered for my teammates. Today I relaxed and trained, getting ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the individual, a race that suits a better shot. Hopefully I can put my shooting together. I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment